I was in Alaska, and the weather was starting to get cold. I knew that I would soon have to sleep in warmer quarters then the station wagon which had been my complete sleeping arrangements for some time. I had gone into a laundry mat to do my weekly clean up, and as I came out the door AK realized that a typical Alaska blizzard had developed during that area making it impossible to see even the en of my station wagon. I thought I was sure that I knew the way the road went from where I was parked out to the main high way. So I started driving and suddenly the world dropped out from underneath me and I found myself falling head first into a 12 foot embankment. The crash brought all my bedding, food supplies, and everything all around me. This was pushing me forcefully against the steering wheel at the front of the car.
When I recovered I realized that I was in a work area and someone hearing the crash came out to see if all was okay. I said, I think I will be okay. He then left me be, to dig my way out of the freezing snow. As I dug my way through to find out how to release the door handle, I wondered what can I do now, my whole world was in my station wagon which I was suddenly being evicted from. I did not know anyone in that part of Alaska.
I had been to church one time and thought I remembered vaguely where the church house was. I didn't know where anyone lived or how to find anyone or what their names were. It was time for the Lord to come to my rescue. The Lord did come to my rescue, which reminded me of the fact that at the church house, they had a restroom (which was connected to the gym). The restroom was opened, and I was able to get into the church. I had just settled down when the care taker of the building came to check on the facilities. He found me sprawled on the floor of the gym. He said, I have a better place for you to stay. You can stay with me at my house.
What has changed from the happiest moment in my life, to the worst feeling of my life when I had found that I had fallen down a 12 foot embankment and was absolutely homeless without any supplies. Because of someones goodness I was able to have everything alright again.
He asked me if I had ever been addicted to anything and I was happy to say no. Even to pornography he asked, and I was able to say no. If I had answered different I would not of had any right circumstances that rough November.
He asked me if I had ever been addicted to anything and I was happy to say no. Even to pornography he asked, and I was able to say no. If I had answered different I would not of had any right circumstances that rough November.
No comments:
Post a Comment